Bridal Hair Stylist and Makeup Services, Toronto, Vancouver
Health and Beauty Resolutions for the New Year!
Happy New Year!! We at Fancy Face Inc. hope you all had a wonderful holiday season and all the best for 2017!
At the start of every year, we all make a list of resolutions for how we want to change and improve for the upcoming year. However, many of us are guilty for slacking on them after just a few months. For this year, here are several very simple and easy-to-stick-to resolutions related to beauty and health that will make you feel better about yourself and boost your confidence. We challenge you to incorporate these into your everyday lives, or even just a couple that you think you’d really benefit from. We promise your future self will thank you for sticking to them!
- Throw out old products: As makeup lovers, we love to accumulate beauty products and always purchasing new items to try without even finishing the old ones. This causes a lot of products to go past their shelf-life, while possibly still sitting on your shelf! Expired products may have bacteria growing on them, and can be really damaging to your skin. So start 2017 off with a clean slate, and throw out anything that is older than 6 months.
- Wash makeup brushes regularly: If you wear makeup every day, it’s easy to forget about washing your brushes. Dirty brushes can have bacteria lingering on them that get transferred onto your products and face when used. This will cause clogged pores, breakouts and other skin reactions. Make it a habit to wash away the dirt and grime every time (or at least once or twice a week) after use, for clearer skin and a brighter complexion.
- SPF: Be more conscious of protecting your skin from the sun, whether rain or shine. Choose a foundation or primer that includes SPF, and save yourself from dark spots and sun damage in the future.
- Skin and hair detox: Daily use of makeup and excessive use of the blowdryer/hot tools for your hair can be very damaging for your skin and hair in the long term. Every month or so, try going makeup-free (or at least skip the foundation) for a week. By the end of the week, your skin will be noticeably clearer and brighter. Another week, try skipping the blowdrying and use of hot tools for your hair. By letting your hair air-dry, you will allow it to be healthier and less prone to breakage and dryness.
- Ditch a bad habit: We know everyone has at least one bad beauty/health habit, or at least something that they want to improve on. Do you bite your nails? Pick at your face? Eat too much junk food? Not get enough beauty sleep? Choose a bad habit to get rid of to benefit your health and look more beautiful!