Bridal Hair Stylist and Makeup Services, Toronto, Vancouver
Wedding Day Beauty Tips
1. Exfoliate your lips to make lip colour last. Our artists will leave you with a complimentary lip gloss/colour for you to touch up throughout the day. But to make the initial application last as long as possible, exfoliate your lips prior to the application. Rubbing off the flakes on your lips with an old toothbrush will work.
2. Eliminate split ends. Go for a fresh trim to get rid of frizz and split ends, 2-3 weeks before the wedding day to keep your hair polished and smooth.
3. Carry a “quick fix” bag. For touch ups throughout the day and evening reception, remember to have all these items with you in your bridal beauty clutch to eliminate any last minute stress for keeping your hair and makeup look on track.
4. Don’t get a facial, don’t get your brows done, don’t cut your hair 3 days or less before your wedding day. These services should be done a week or more prior to your wedding day, just in case anything goes wrong you will be able to remedy the situation!
5. Wash your hair the evening before rather than the morning of your wedding. Freshly washed hair will not hold the style as well.
6. Plan early. Once you confirm your wedding day booking with us, we will send you our Fancy Face “Wedding Day Beauty Timeline” to help you start preparing your hair and makeup for your big day, 6 months before. The sooner you start following our timeline, the better!
7. Avoid excessive consumption of sodium/salt, if you are looking to shed a few pounds for your wedding day. Limit your intake of salt up to 2 weeks before the wedding day, and you will see what a difference it makes on your skin and face. Also watch your intake of chocolate and foods that cause blemishes, as you don’t want to risk a break out!
8. Don’t cry all your makeup off. Cry gracefully by holding a tissue at the sides of your eyes, and let the tears flow into it to avoid damaging your eye makeup.