From all of us at the Fancy Face Inc. team, we hope you had a wonderful Christmas and New Year’s!!! 2013 was a great year for us. We met and glammed up numerous brides, and look forward to doing even more this year! If you are getting married this year, here are some tips (or beauty resolutions) to help you achieve the best skin and hair for your wedding day. Even if you are not a bride-to-be yet, follow these simple tips to be healthy and happy!
1. Just like food in your fridge, cosmetics all have expiry dates. If you use an expired product, you risk side effects such as skin reactions and eye infections. Foundations and moisturisers generally last a year after opening. Mascaras last about 3 months. Lipsticks can last 2 years, lipgloss will last 1. Eyeshadow can last up to 2 years. Go through your makeup stash, and toss out all the expired products.
2. Wash off your makeup every night before bed. A daily skincare regimen is crucial for a clear complexion. If left on overnight, makeup and free radicals cause dead skin cells to build up, clogging pores and creating an uneven canvas for makeup application.
3. Always wear sunscreen, even in winter. Most people only bother to use sunscreen when on vacation. In order to prevent ageing, it’s the best place to start. Incorporate SPF into your beauty routine by using a moisturizer with built-in SPF.
4. Wash your hair less; 2-3 times a week would be ideal. Daily washes will strip away your hair’s natural oils and leave it dry and brittle. Dry shampoo can be used to liven up your hair between washes.
5. Get enough sleep every night. Even while you’re resting, your skin doesn’t stop working. Cell turnover is 8 times faster at night, softening wrinkles. Not getting the recommended 8 hours of sleep every night can cause stress, pasty-looking skin and dark circles.