As we get ready to ring in the new year, what’s on your list of resolutions this year? If your goal is to become healthier and more beautiful, here is our list to get you started:
1. Quit Smoking: This one should be pretty obvious. Smoking can deteriorate your health. If you are having a hard time, try different methods of quitting. Also think of all the money you will save by not having to buy pack after pack of cigarettes!
2. Get Your Beauty Sleep: A good night’s sleep is the most effective (and free) beauty treatment! Look younger and more beautiful. 8 hours of sleep per night will also help you in getting better skin.
3. Use Cool Water in the Shower: When rinsing your hair, use cooler water to make it shinier. Use warm water on your body to keep it moisturised; hot water can dry out the skin. This will also help you save on your hydro bills!
4. Wash Your Face Thoroughly: Cleaning your face thoroughly before you go to bed is very important if you wear makeup during the day. Invest in some good products: makeup remover, cleanser, toner, serum, moisturiser – the works! Use an occasional mask on your face too. Feel fresher and decrease chances of breakouts by sticking to this beauty regimen.
5. Discard Expired Makeup: Most women don’t realize makeup has an expiration date. Keeping and using overdue makeup can breed harmful bacteria on your skin. It is much better to waste a few unfinished products rather than cause harm to your skin and have to spend on additional products to repair it. Here is a list of guidelines of cosmetics shelf-life.
6. Reduce Sodium Consumption: Studies show that Americans on average consume twice the recommended daily amount of sodium (6g). Excess sodium leads to water retention which leads to higher blood pressure, heart disease and weight gain.
7. Drink 8 Cups of Water Daily: For radiant skin, make sure you drink plenty of water to flush out toxins and glow from within. Cut out any soda, pop, especially anything “diet”.
8. Floss: Brushing your teeth only cleans about 65% of dirt and tartar. Floss daily (or at least regularly) to prevent cavities. Don’t wait until it’s too late!
9. Be More Active: Get a gym membership, or if you already have one – use it more often! Aim for at least 30 minutes of physical activity daily. Walk the stairs instead of taking the elevator, take the dog out for a longer walk, and avoid driving whenever possible.
10. Travel: Get away from the daily grind with a change of scenery. Discover the world, relax, and replenish your energy. Create memories to last a lifetime.
& Finally… Resolutions are fun to make but difficult to maintain. So for the final resolution, motivate yourself and put in the effort to follow the above for a healthier and better lifestyle.