Hi Glam Gals!
Ok, so with the new season of summer on its way, I think its a great chance for me to inspire you reinvent your makeup wardrobe. In the summer months it is much warmer than usual so it is important to learn techniques to keep your makeup in place all day long rather than having it slip and slide all over your face.
Here are my tips and tricks for you to take up this summer:
1. SUNSCREEN!! SUNSCREEN!! SUNSCREEN!!!! Please do not leave the house with out AT LEAST an SPF 30 on your face. Anything less than that is truly useless. Whether you want to believe it or not, choosing not to protect your skin will cause you to age faster, get fine lines and wrinkles, age spots and quite possibly…skin cancer. Tough facts but its the truth! Good skin is the secret to amazing looking makeup. Take care of it!
2.Invest in a primer that is silicone based. This will fill in fine lines and pores to make the skin look smooth and even. Also, this will keep all the makeup you put on after in place.
3. Use a tinted moisturizer instead of a foundation. Foundations can feel a bit heavy in the hot summer months. A tinted moisturizer will even skin tone but not make you feel as if you have a mask on your face.
4. Purchase a blotting powder to reduce shine when beginning to ‘glow’. (Us girls never sweat…lol) Bring it along with you in your purse lightly dust away shine with out reapplying too much product.
5. Try switching over to a creme blush. This will help give you a fresh dewy look. Also, pump up the color that you wear and try introducing more peach and pinky tones that are a touch more vibrant.
6. A highlighter is key!!! Whether powder or creme this is going to give you a radiant glow when applied to the tops of the cheek bones, under the brow and in the corner of the eyes.
7. Perhaps a waterproof mascara is what you will need. Do you find when its warm out you have racoon eyes by the end of the day. Your mascara could be the cause of this. Invest in a waterproof mascara…it is sure to stay put.
8. Bright lips!! Make them stand out with some fun colors that really pop. Fuschia, Peaches, Pinks and vibrant Reds is the way to go! Also, don’t forget a fabulous gloss!!!
Stay simply, classy and glamourous this summer. With these suggestions, I ensure you will look fab!!!