One of the many questions that a bride-to-be usually asks herself is whether or not to hire a professional makeup artist for her big day. Most women know how to do their own makeup, so why not save the money and do it yourself on your wedding day? One important thing to keep in mind – if having your makeup look amazing during your wedding (& for the wedding photos) is important to you, get it done professionally!! It’s better to spend the extra money to ensure that you won’t have regrets during your wedding if your hair comes undone, your eyeshadow keeps fading or if your face appears too shiny/oily in the photographs.
Your wedding is a day you’ve most likely dreamt of when you were a little girl. You must’ve pictured yourself looking like a stunning princess. Let a professional makeup artist help you turn that dream into a reality! There are a number of reasons why you should get your hair and makeup done by a pro:
– Photography makeup is different from your everyday makeup. A professional makeup artist will know how to perfectly apply it so you look radiant and photogenic in front of the camera. Being familiar with how makeup will look after the effects of professional photography, they will be able to apply it so your photos turn out flawless and amazing – no photoshop needed!
– A professional will know which products to best use for flash photography. For example, you do not want to accidentally use a foundation with SPF and have your face come out a lighter shade than the rest of your body in your photographs! A professional makeup artist will have a kit full of camera-friendly products.
– Your wedding day will be full of emotion and stress. You will be moving around for hours while having people hug an kiss you, leading to sweat and tears (of joy!). You will want good quality makeup applied correctly so it lasts for hours and stays flawless and fresh.
– On your wedding day, there may be a number of unexpected problems to arise that will keep you busy and pre-occupied. The time spent on having your hair and makeup done by someone else will be a time for you to relax.
– A professional makeup artist will have knowledge of which products will work best for your features and enhance them. They will create looks that best compliment your dress, wedding theme and your personality.
If you are still hesitant about using a professional, why not book a trial? Take some photos of yourself after your trial run – we are positive you will love the results!!