Bridal Hair Stylist and Makeup Services, Toronto, Vancouver
Fancy Face Inc. is now offering holiday gift certificates!
With the festive season right around the corner (Ah! It’s coming up so quick!!), there is no better time than now to wrack your brain to figure out something fun and unique to give to your mom, aunt, coworker, boss or friend this Christmas season. What better than gifting a little bit of fancy for someone you love?!
This year we have gorgeous gift certificates available in any amount you choose to go towards a special event hair and/or makeup application, bridal hair & makeup or a makeup & hair lesson!
Every woman loves to look and feel her best all year round, so what better than lending her a helping hand by the Fancy Face Inc. pros that have all of the insider tips! If interested, please email email@example.com so that we can arrange the transaction for you and mail out or have you pick up the gift certificate ASAP!!
Looking for tangible beauty gift ideas!? Look no further! We share all of our favourite beauty-related gift sets in our “Fancy Face Inc. Christmas Wish List” post here: http://www.fancyface.ca/fancy-face-inc-s-christmas-wish-list/
We wish all of you an amazing holiday season filled with warm nights snuggled up by the fire, hot cocoa, Christmas carols and all things red, white and green!!
Below is some of our work that just happens to fit into the colours of the upcoming season! xoxo
Congratulations!! You have taken the next step to securing one more vendor for your wedding day!
We couldn’t be more thrilled than we are to be a part of one of the most important days of your life. We promise to arrive on time (actually 15 mins early), calm your nerves, bring the most up-to-date, high-end products & tools, and be sure that you all look like a million bucks when we are finished!
But before we get to your special day, lets go over a few points that will help things run as smoothly as possible with us here at Fancy Face Inc. leading up to you saying “I Do.”
Having worked in the wedding industry for 10 years now, tending to literally thousands of brides, we have discovered some processes that just work. Most importantly, its imperative that you know we are on your side and here to make your day run as smoothly as possible.
Important things to know:
–Brittany Gray is the company owner of Fancy Face Inc. and our creative director. She does not handle any of the bookings. She builds the business, drives it forward and also works weddings and special events based on personal requests.
–Tiffany is our booking specialist. She is the one and only woman that handles the inquiries, invoicing, client emails, trial bookings, special event bookings, weddings bookings etc. She basically books each and every one of you into our coveted yearly schedule. Tiffany also accepts initial deposits and schedules artists from our team for each booking.
–Angela X is our “confirmation” manager. This means, that Angela is the person that will be on the phone with you confirming all bookings the week of your event. She makes sure that everything in our records about your event date is correct. Angela is also the “artist manager”. She ensures the artists are all on the same page with your booking as well. (Side note: Angela is also a hair and makeup artist on our team too!! -She wears multiple hats. -Talented lady!!)
Here are a few things that we will require from you. After all, its a team effort! We are in this together. 🙂
1) Know your wedding day time frame ASAP. As much as wedding days are hard to plan and coordinate, we 100% need you to lock down the time frame that you are going to use for hair and makeup. More importantly, we NEED to know your “ready by” time. Which means, the time that you need all the hair and makeup to be complete. NOT the time that you’re getting married. You need to leave yourselves that buffer to get dressed, take pictures & travel to the venue.
2) Trust us when we tell you that you need to allot more time on the morning of your special day. 2 hours for 15 hair and makeup services is NOT enough time. I know, most of you wouldn’t dream of asking for such a request, but believe it or not, we get asked about this ALLLL the time. Generally speaking, on average, our team needs around 3-4 hours (sometimes 5) the morning of your wedding to prep you all hair and makeup wise. This varies depending on bridal party size. We definitely can staff more artists at times to speed things up, however at the end of the day, the more time you give us to work with, the better. We know how much time it will take to complete your wedding & ensure you have some time to spare. When we tell you that you need more time, believe us. The last thing you want on your wedding day is to be stressed out or rushed.
3) Leave sleeping in for another day. We get it… No one wants to wake up early. Everyone wants to catch some more zzzz’s for a busy day/night ahead. BUT, your wedding day is not the day to try to cram everything in. You need EXTRA time. A lot of it. Things could go wrong if you don’t leave a buffer. Trust us. We have seen it happen. We have also seen brides want to take a nap, go for a jog and laze around the morning of their wedding and believe me when I say, this couldn’t be a worse idea. Go to bed extra early, set the alarm clock for early on your wedding day, drink a cup of joe, and get moving! This is your one day. Soak it up!!! It will be over before you know it.
4) If anything changes with your morning timing, please inform us ASAP. Some of our artists book two weddings in a day. Please know that if you continuously change your timing or add extra hair and makeup services on last minute, we may not be able to accommodate the request. There are a lot of brides, like yourselves, that would like the Fancy Face Inc. team to doll them up. It is not fair to affect their timing, and the artists schedule, to accommodate last minute booking changes. We will always do our best to fulfill your requests, however there is no guarantee. Tough love, we know… but we are just telling you the truth.
5) Know that we are here for you. If you need advice with wedding day timing, prepping your hair & skin, etc. just call us! We want to make your day a success!!!
We hope that helps in understanding the backend of what we do here at Fancy Face a bit better.
We cannot wait to go on this journey with you. You matter to us. Your wedding day being an absolute hit matters to us.
Cheers to helping you become the dreamy bride you envision!!
The Fancy Face Inc. girls.
Today is an exciting day for us here at Fancy Face Inc.! We have been given the wonderful opportunity to team up with the well-known wedding planning website ‘Loverly’ to help you brides-to-be pair up different styles of wedding dresses with makeup looks that would suit the dress style best!! We have personally selected 5 gorgeous dresses from the Loverly website that we feel should cover most engaged beauties out there!
1) THE COUTURE BRIDE: http://lover.ly/shop/dresses/monique-lhuillier/belle/images/243832/
Who is this bride??: This is a woman that is confident in her own skin. She is willing to take fashion risks for a big reward! She can carry the most daring of fashion styles flawlessly and knows she doesn’t want to repeat what has been “done”.
What makeup will suit her best??: For the couture bride, going for a daring smokey eye is a must! Make those eyes pop with smokey grey, charcoal & black tones on the lid of the eye topped off with a beautiful set of falsies! For the skin and cheeks, a glow is a must! Don’t over powder the skin so that you look cakey in person and in photos. You want the skin to look ultra fresh to compliment the heavier eye makeup. Add a pop of colour on the cheeks in a pinky-peach tone and pair with a neutral lip!
2) THE DEMURE BRIDE: http://lover.ly/shop/dresses/modern-trousseau/nila/images/165348/
Who is this bride??: The demure bride is a woman who feels more comfortable covering up & being far from front and centre. She is most likely someone who is slightly more introverted and perhaps comes from a more conservative family. She wants to play it safe on her wedding day by covering her shoulders and not wearing too much makeup.
What makeup will suit her best??: The demure bride should stick with classic colours in minimal amounts. Use classic tones on the eyes like beiges, warm browns & champagne colours. Line the eyes with a shadow instead of a pencil so that it looks more natural & apply waterproof mascara to the top and bottom lashes. For blush, using a soft rose tone to look like you have a natural flush from within. Add a highlight to the tops of your cheekbones for a natural glow and finish it all off with a pinky-rose lip!
THE ROYAL BRIDE: http://lover.ly/shop/dresses/monique-lhuillier/bl1313/images/243855/
Who is this bride??: The royal bride is the bride who has grown up dreaming of her wedding day since she was a child. Disney movies with princesses in them were her childhood favourites & she always knew that a ballgown-shaped dress would be for her! After all, this is her one day to shine! She is sweet, she is pretty & she is ready to marry her prince!
What makeup will suit her best??: The royal bride is all about feeling soft and pretty on her wedding day. She is comfortable wearing makeup yet doesn’t want to overdo it. Opt for for plums, mauves & pinks on the eyes & don’t be afraid to add a rich purple on the outer corners of the eyes to add a pop. Apply a thin, winged out black liner to the top of the eye and finish off with a wispy set of false lashes. For the cheeks, add a fresh pop of pink to the apples of your cheeks be sure to add a bit of bronzer for a warm glow. Keep the lips soft with a flattering soft creamy pink shade. Add a touch of gloss, and your ready to shine on your big day!!
THE HOLLYWOOD STARLET BRIDE: http://lover.ly/shop/dresses/bhldn/livia-gown/images/1114690/
Who is this bride??: The hollywood starlet bride is a woman who is used to being the centre of attention. She has a job in public relations, entertainment or the fashion industry and is comfortable being in the spotlight. On her special day, she doesn’t want to over-do it however she wants to command the room with her presence. She is a fan of women like Marilyn Monroe and Bridgett Bardot and would like to bring a touch of vintage glam to her beauty look.
What makeup will suit her best??: The hollywood starlet bride should take notes from Marilyn herself yet add personal twists to that look as well. On the eyes, use a bone color all over the whole lid of the eye and then work warm browns into the crease. On the outer corners of the lid, add a dark brown shade for a bit of a pop and then line the eyes with a black liquid or cake liner. False lashes for this look are a must! Choose a pair that are slightly longer at the ends for a winged-eyed look a la Ms. Monroe herself! In the hollows of the cheeks, add a bit of contouring with a matte bronzer. On the apples of the cheeks, add a peach-toned blush. For the lips, this is your chance to get vampy! Choose a rich wine-colored red that has a lot of pigment. (Kisses with your groom may have to be planned out accordingly or put this shade on after the ceremony to save him from looking a wee bit silly). Last but not least, fill in those brows and voila!!! You are a vintage vixen ready to tie the knot!
THE CLASSIC BRIDE: http://lover.ly/shop/dresses/bhldn/dakota-gown/images/709571/
Who is this bride??: The classic bride is a woman who knows what she wants. She is simple, she is sophisticated and she doesn’t waver from what she knows looks good on her. She feels safe with her classic choices and knows that they suit her best.
What makeup will suit her best??: This bride wants to look and feel like herself on her wedding day. She is ok with the idea of looking slightly more enhanced however she does not want her groom or anyone else to not recognize her. For makeup, stick to the basics. Do not bother trying to put on any eyeshadow at all, after all… you probably won’t like it. Stick to a nice warm brown cake eye liner along the top lash line of your eye. Apply waterproof mascara to the top and bottom lashes. If you feel you would like a little pizzaz on the lid of your eye, opt for a slightly shimmery champagne/gold shade. For skin, you certainly want a flawless finish. Mix a full coverage foundation with a bit of moisturizer and apply all over the face and neck to even out the skin tone. Add a peach-toned blush to the apples of the cheeks and then finish with a sophisticated rose-toned lip! You are fresh, you are classic and you are you.
Above we have listed 5 specific types of brides. The Couture Bride, The Demure Bride, The Royal Bride, The Hollywood Starlet Bride and The Classic Bride. We hope that each of you fit into one or maybe two of the descriptions! Feel free to blend ideas of different looks to customize the perfect wedding day makeup for you! Most of all, have fun creating the look of your dreams and best of luck preparing for your big day!!
Lots of love…
Brittany Gray & The Fancy Face Team!!