Bridal Hair Stylist and Makeup Services, Toronto, Vancouver
As some of you may know, Fancy Face Inc.’s owner and lead makeup artist, Brittany Gray, gave birth to her adorable baby girl last year! As a new mom, she has a lot of product recommendations and tips for other moms who want to look beautiful in a matter of minutes (while also busy taking care of their new baby). The interview is featured in Urban Suburban Mommy. Click over to read up on how to combat fine lines and wrinkles, hide dark under-eye circles, what skincare regimen to take and more!
Beautiful luscious bridal locks require some love and devotion leading up to the big day. Constant washing, blow drying, and heat styling on a daily basis can be very damaging to your hair, creating split ends and dry strands. If your hair is in need of repair, start from the inside out. A diet filled with Vitamin B will help bring out your hair’s glossy shine. On the outside, a scalp massage and deep conditioning treatment about a month prior to the big day will feel good, stimulate your hair follicles and add body. Despite what your hair products may claim, there is no way to repair split ends. The only option would be to trim them.
Genetics, age, hormones, nutrient deficiencies may influence your hair. Your diet is one of the few things you can do to control your hair’s behaviour. Here is a list of foods to eat and avoid, if you want to have beautiful hair in time to say “I do”!
Best Foods for Hair: almond butter, spinach, Greek yogurt, salmon, oatmeal, cinnamon, eggs, lean poultry, barley, sweet potatoes, chickpeas
Bad Foods for Hair: diet soda, sugar, starchy (white) breads, alcohol, fast foods
With over a decade of bridal hair and makeup experience under our belt, we at Fancy Face Inc. are pretty familiar with the most common mistakes brides make, what can be easily forgotten about, and the top “dos and don’ts” for bridal hair and makeup. If you are a bride-to-be, here are our top 10 tips to help you achieve the best possible look for your dream wedding and to ensure a seamless and stress-free planning process!
- Start collecting reference images for your desired hair and makeup look as soon as you can. Be very familiar with your dream hair and makeup look, and be able to communicate this clearly with the artist. The more photos and descriptors your artist has, the easier it will be for her to perfect your vision.
- Book your trial at least three to four weeks prior to the wedding day. This allows ample time for you to make changes, decide on a different look or schedule a second trial if needed. You also don’t want to do the trial too far in advance just in case your hairstyle/length may be different come the wedding day, or if you end up changing your mind and wanting a different look. Also keep in mind that if you are getting a spray tan, it would be best to have the trial done after the tan.
- If you are wearing a low-cut or sleeveless dress, extend the makeup done to your neck, shoulders and cleavage area. We offer a “chest and shoulder contour glow” service as an add-on to the makeup. This way you will ensure your face is not a different shade to your body, as it will show in the photographs.
- Choose a classic look over a trendy look. You may regret the trendy look many years later as you look back on your photographs, once it has become dated.
- Don’t be afraid to communicate all your concerns and requests for the artist. She is there to create your dream hair and makeup look and will be happy to make any changes necessary.
- Wear a white top to the trial, so you an see how the makeup looks against white (which would most likely be the colour of your bridal gown!) We also recommend having the trial done during the day so you can see it in natural daylight, and also be able to see how long it lasts through the day.
- Gather your essential products and put together your bridal beauty clutch at least 2 weeks in advance. That way you won’t be scrambling last minute for all the items needed to quick fix any type of beauty emergency!
- For the wedding day, allow us to allocate extra buffer time per makeup application to allow for a more relaxed and stress free morning. Remember to leave in extra time between finishing the makeup and hair services, and getting your photos taken and the ceremony. It is better to have more time than needed, than less time.
- Book the wedding day beauty services as far in advance as possible! At Fancy Face Inc., we get booked up extremely early in advance (at least 8-12 months in advance, for busy weekends). To ensure a spot, we recommend placing your deposit to secure the date as soon as you have decided you want to book us.
- Finally – if you are still unsure about whether or not you want to hire a professional hair makeup artist for your wedding day, this post should help you decide!