Bridal Hair Stylist and Makeup Services, Toronto, Vancouver
Larissa is one of Fancy Face Inc.’s senior hair and makeup artists. She has been working in the industry for 10 years now. After receiving her certification in Makeup Artistry from Sheridan College (with honours), she started working in the beauty industry full-time. Larissa has kept herself busy by working on set for feature films and television shows as a member of the film technician union NABET. She is also a brand representative for MAKE UP FOR EVER, which has her doing makeup at Sephora stores and events across the GTA. On top of that, she is an instructor for the Makeup program at George Brown College, as well as an in-house makeup artist and writer for the makeup column at MissyInk Magazine. Larissa’s work has been featured in the Toronto Star and Breakfast Television several times, has been part of a nomination for “Best Makeup” at the Canadian Screen Awards and Larissa received a nomination for Best Alternative Makeup Artist for her work in Pinup/Burlesque and Alternative Fashion Week. Larissa is a hard-working and diverse artist, with an outgoing personality. Her talented hair and makeup skills make all our clients feel beautiful for their big day!
What do you love about working for Fancy Face Inc.? My favourite part about working for Fancy Face Inc., is our focus on client experience. We really strive to make things easy for the bride and her party by bringing a luxurious atmosphere and top-notch skill into their own space, where they’re most comfortable.
What is your favourite part of your job? My favourite thing about my job is transforming the client, no matter what medium they’re working in, into the character they want to be for the day. With bridal clients, I’m getting them ready to be in the spotlight all day long (something most “normal” people aren’t used to on a day to day basis), I’m helping them put their best face forward which strengthens their confidence so they have the best time on their day!
What was the most memorable moment of your career? Every day is a memorable moment; there’s always something inspiring or funny or crazy that happens wherever I am. If I had to pinpoint one thing in particular, it was going to the Canadian Screen Awards (which is like Canada’s version of the Oscars), it was an honour to know that something I had worked so hard on had been recognized and picked out to be one of the best!
What products or brands do you use on clients? My absolute favourite brand to use on clients is MAKE UP FOR EVER. It is a brand made specifically for professional use in photography and film, so it never flashes back in photos and stays all day without being heavy, and the colour choices are innumerable so there’s something for everyone! I also love using MAC for the classics, Dior for their innovation, NARS for sparkle and Urban Decay for their funky colours.
Congratulations!! You have taken the next step to securing one more vendor for your wedding day!
We couldn’t be more thrilled than we are to be a part of one of the most important days of your life. We promise to arrive on time (actually 15 mins early), calm your nerves, bring the most up-to-date, high-end products & tools, and be sure that you all look like a million bucks when we are finished!
But before we get to your special day, lets go over a few points that will help things run as smoothly as possible with us here at Fancy Face Inc. leading up to you saying “I Do.”
Having worked in the wedding industry for 10 years now, tending to literally thousands of brides, we have discovered some processes that just work. Most importantly, its imperative that you know we are on your side and here to make your day run as smoothly as possible.
Important things to know:
-Brittany Gray is the company owner of Fancy Face Inc. and our creative director. She does not handle any of the bookings. She builds the business, drives it forward and also works weddings and special events based on personal requests.
-Tiffany is our booking specialist. She is the one and only woman that handles the inquiries, invoicing, client emails, trial bookings, special event bookings, weddings bookings etc. She basically books each and every one of you into our coveted yearly schedule. Tiffany also accepts initial deposits and schedules artists from our team for each booking.
-Angela X is our “confirmation” manager. This means, that Angela is the person that will be on the phone with you confirming all bookings the week of your event. She makes sure that everything in our records about your event date is correct. Angela is also the “artist manager”. She ensures the artists are all on the same page with your booking as well. (Side note: Angela is also a hair and makeup artist on our team too!! -She wears multiple hats. -Talented lady!!)
Here are a few things that we will require from you. After all, its a team effort! We are in this together.
1) Know your wedding day time frame ASAP. As much as wedding days are hard to plan and coordinate, we 100% need you to lock down the time frame that you are going to use for hair and makeup. More importantly, we NEED to know your “ready by” time. Which means, the time that you need all the hair and makeup to be complete. NOT the time that you’re getting married. You need to leave yourselves that buffer to get dressed, take pictures & travel to the venue.
2) Trust us when we tell you that you need to allot more time on the morning of your special day. 2 hours for 15 hair and makeup services is NOT enough time. I know, most of you wouldn’t dream of asking for such a request, but believe it or not, we get asked about this ALLLL the time. Generally speaking, on average, our team needs around 3-4 hours (sometimes 5) the morning of your wedding to prep you all hair and makeup wise. This varies depending on bridal party size. We definitely can staff more artists at times to speed things up, however at the end of the day, the more time you give us to work with, the better. We know how much time it will take to complete your wedding & ensure you have some time to spare. When we tell you that you need more time, believe us. The last thing you want on your wedding day is to be stressed out or rushed.
3) Leave sleeping in for another day. We get it… No one wants to wake up early. Everyone wants to catch some more zzzz’s for a busy day/night ahead. BUT, your wedding day is not the day to try to cram everything in. You need EXTRA time. A lot of it. Things could go wrong if you don’t leave a buffer. Trust us. We have seen it happen. We have also seen brides want to take a nap, go for a jog and laze around the morning of their wedding and believe me when I say, this couldn’t be a worse idea. Go to bed extra early, set the alarm clock for early on your wedding day, drink a cup of joe, and get moving! This is your one day. Soak it up!!! It will be over before you know it.
4) If anything changes with your morning timing, please inform us ASAP. Some of our artists book two weddings in a day. Please know that if you continuously change your timing or add extra hair and makeup services on last minute, we may not be able to accommodate the request. There are a lot of brides, like yourselves, that would like the Fancy Face Inc. team to doll them up. It is not fair to affect their timing, and the artists schedule, to accommodate last minute booking changes. We will always do our best to fulfill your requests, however there is no guarantee. Tough love, we know… but we are just telling you the truth.
5) Know that we are here for you. If you need advice with wedding day timing, prepping your hair & skin, etc. just call us! We want to make your day a success!!!
We hope that helps in understanding the backend of what we do here at Fancy Face a bit better.
We cannot wait to go on this journey with you. You matter to us. Your wedding day being an absolute hit matters to us.
Cheers to helping you become the dreamy bride you envision!!
The Fancy Face Inc. girls.
This past weekend, we had the pleasure of providing the hair and makeup services for this incredible wedding. We were thrilled that the wedding was a tremendous success. Our thoughts and prayers are with Jennifer and Solomon, and we wish them nothing but the best!! We’d also like to thank our artists Krista, Angela M, Lily and Melissa D for taking on the wedding at such short notice and jumping in at the chance to help out. It is moments like these that we are truly humbled & reminded of how precious life & love really is.
Here are more photos from the wedding, found on Instagram: