Bridal Hair Stylist and Makeup Services, Toronto, Vancouver
Here is a recent editorial shoot we had the pleasure of doing the hair and makeup for, in Vancouver! We collaborated with a team of talented wedding vendors on the west coast to create this beautiful photo spread. Entitled “The Secret Garden“, it takes inspiration from the classic novel with a luxe bohemian bride in mind. The result was a high fashion meets fairytale look.
Makeup done by Brittany G and Hair done by Stephanie!
1. Exfoliate your lips to make lip colour last. Our artists will leave you with a complimentary lip gloss/colour for you to touch up throughout the day. But to make the initial application last as long as possible, exfoliate your lips prior to the application. Rubbing off the flakes on your lips with an old toothbrush will work.
2. Eliminate split ends. Go for a fresh trim to get rid of frizz and split ends, 2-3 weeks before the wedding day to keep your hair polished and smooth.
3. Carry a “quick fix” bag. For touch ups throughout the day and evening reception, remember to have all these items with you in your bridal beauty clutch to eliminate any last minute stress for keeping your hair and makeup look on track.
4. Don’t get a facial, don’t get your brows done, don’t cut your hair 3 days or less before your wedding day. These services should be done a week or more prior to your wedding day, just in case anything goes wrong you will be able to remedy the situation!
5. Wash your hair the evening before rather than the morning of your wedding. Freshly washed hair will not hold the style as well.
6. Plan early. Once you confirm your wedding day booking with us, we will send you our Fancy Face “Wedding Day Beauty Timeline” to help you start preparing your hair and makeup for your big day, 6 months before. The sooner you start following our timeline, the better!
7. Avoid excessive consumption of sodium/salt, if you are looking to shed a few pounds for your wedding day. Limit your intake of salt up to 2 weeks before the wedding day, and you will see what a difference it makes on your skin and face. Also watch your intake of chocolate and foods that cause blemishes, as you don’t want to risk a break out!
8. Don’t cry all your makeup off. Cry gracefully by holding a tissue at the sides of your eyes, and let the tears flow into it to avoid damaging your eye makeup.
The past month has been full of bridal trials, weddings, special events, editorial shoots and more! It has definitely been one of the busiest months here at Fancy Face Inc. We have enjoyed meeting all of our wonderful clients, and cannot be more excited to meet all our upcoming ones as well! Here is a round up of our favourite looks recently. Scroll through to see lots of hair and makeup inspiration for your upcoming wedding or event!
Our schedule for 2016 is filling up fast. If you are interested in booking us for your hair and makeup, inquire soon before we get booked up on your date!