Are you ready to tackle some of the most common beauty dilemmas? In this episode of Cityline, our very own Britt Gray brings us expert solutions to help you achieve a flawless look. From defining your jawline to covering dark circles and disguising enlarged pores, we’ve got you covered. So, let’s dive into these beauty dilemmas and their solutions! (Watch the full episode here)
Defining the Jawline
Problem: How to make your jawline look defined without the contour being too obvious.
- Choose the Right Products: Opt for a matte contour product that is only slightly darker than your skin tone. Britt recommends our “Maui Mood Matte Bronzer” and the “Chisel Me Contour Stick.”
- Precise Application: Apply the contour subtly along the sharp edge of your jawline and blend it well. This step helps create a natural-looking shadow.
- Highlight the Jawline: To enhance definition, apply a subtle highlighter just above your jawline. Britt suggests our “Dew-U Highlight” for a radiant finish.
- Blend Thoroughly: Ensure that you blend the contour thoroughly to avoid any harsh lines or a cakey appearance.
- Less is More: Start with a small amount of product and add more if needed. Remember, it’s easier to add than to remove excess product.
Concealing Dark Circles
Problem: How to cover dark circles when your regular concealer won’t do the trick.
- Hydration is Key: Begin by moisturizing the under-eye area with a hydrating eye serum like our “Illuminée Eye Serum.” Proper hydration prevents concealer from creasing.
- Color Correction: Dark circles often have blue or purple undertones. To neutralize these tones, apply a salmon, peach, or orange colour corrector. Britt recommends our “Perk Up Dark Circle Corrector.”
- Choose the Right Concealer Shade: Opt for a concealer that is one or two shades lighter than your skin tone. The “Wake Up Call Concealer” is a great choice for brightening the under-eye area.
- Set with Powder: To prevent creasing, set the concealer with a translucent powder like our “Flawless Setting Powder.”
- Avoid Overuse: Less is more when it comes to concealer. Layering thin amounts of product provides better coverage without looking cakey.
- Texture Matters: Use an under-eye concealer with a creamy, hydrating texture to prevent dryness and emphasize texture.
Minimizing Pores and Setting Makeup
Problem: How to disguise enlarged pores and set your makeup for the right balance between shine and matte.
- Pore-Minimizing Primer: Start with a pore-minimizing primer like the “Tatcha Primer” or “Benefit Porefessional” to create a smooth canvas.
- Lightweight Foundation: Choose a lightweight BB cream or foundation, such as our “Age Defying BB Cream,” for a natural finish.
- Set with Translucent Powder: Apply a translucent setting powder like our “Flawless Setting Powder” to set your makeup and control shine.
- Precision Powder Application: Use a small brush to pinpoint powder, avoiding a heavy application. This provides better control to target specific areas, like the T-zone and under the eyes.
- Leave Outskirts Glowy: Don’t over-powder your face. Leave the outskirts of your face looking glowy and not overly matte.
- Setting Spray: Finish by setting your entire face with a setting spray in an X motion followed by a T motion. Britt recommends our “Forever Fancy Setting Lavender Spray” for a long-lasting, fresh look.
Proper Blush Placement for a Timeless Look
Problem: How to properly place your blush for the most healthy and flattering look, avoiding trendy styles.
- Draping Technique: Britt suggests focusing on the blush draping technique from the ’70s, originally created by Way Bandy. This technique emphasizes the natural contours of your face.
- Cheek Apples: Never forget to add a touch of color to the apples of your cheeks for a healthy, youthful look.
- Eye Enhancements: To enhance your overall look, consider adding a touch of blush to your eyes using our “Blossom Cream Blush.”
- Timeless Beauty: Britt recommends disregarding trendy blush placement techniques if you’re aiming for a timeless, flattering appearance. Stick to classic techniques for a healthy and natural glow.
Whether it’s defining your jawline, concealing dark circles, minimizing pores, or perfecting your blush placement, you’re now armed with the knowledge to enhance your natural beauty. Remember, beauty is about feeling your best, and these tips will help you do just that!