Hey, beauties! You know what it’s like. Some mornings everything seems to take twice as long as usual, and you rush out of the house, only to arrive at the school drop-off looking less than your usual gorgeous self. As a busy mom, I totally get it, and I’ve put together my top five tips and products to help you look put together for the school drop-off.
Set your alarm 30 minutes earlier than you usually do. The #1 reason why I look disheveled at school drop-off is because I haven’t left myself enough time to properly get ready and care for me. Providing breakfast for your kids, getting lunches prepared, dressing everyone in their appropriate attire—not to mention ensuring the kids have everything they need in their backpacks for the day—it can leave VERY little time for you to look and more importantly FEEL put together.
If your hair is dirty, try to wash and partially style it the night before. That way, in the morning, not much styling is needed. If your hair is really in need of some TLC, get a trendy hat and pop that baby on.
In the morning, I love using face wipes instead of going through the trouble of doing a full cleanse with a washcloth, cleanser, and water. To save time, I enlist lavender-scented face wipes to freshen up my skin and eye area before putting on some makeup for the day. I almost never use face wipes to remove eye makeup. I only use them to freshen up in the AM and use microfibre cloths with water and face wash to remove my makeup in the evenings.
A tan goes a LONG way. Three times a week I spray on a self-tanner after my skincare to give me a glow, just in case I have no time for makeup.
Find a super fast and easy skincare routine for the AM. Ain’t nobody got time for a 60 step skincare routine when you have to get little ones to school on time! I love a serum, a moisturizer and a lip balm. That’s it!
Here are my top product recommendations for a fast and easy morning routine prior to school drop-off:
- Poetry In Potion Serum and Daydream Cream – Fast and easy but highly effective skincare. Gives you a glow in an instant and doesn’t require much thought!
- Nuda Self-Tanning Water – My secret to looking healthy all year round. Use three times a week in the evening and wake up all week looking gorgeous.
- Coquette Lipslick for a sheer pop of colour on the lips without the need for a mirror!
- Cream blush is a MUST when time is of the essence! I rotate between Watermelon Sugar, Almost Famous or Blossom throughout the week, and I love that my makeup can look polished in seconds without putting a full base on.
- Lastly, Perk Up Touch-up Veil Concealer (because let’s face it, we’re all tired) and a few strokes of mascara is a MUST (L’Oréal Lash Paradise is a fave of mine right now). If you don’t have time for this step, the bigger the sunglasses, the better! I love my Gucci’s for days like this.
With these tips and products, you’re sure to be the mom that looks like she has her sh*t together! Whether you do or whether you don’t, just remember that making time for yourself, even if it’s five minutes in the morning is IMPORTANT, and you are worthy of feeling good!!